The referring or destination schools (RODS) will have significant concerns regarding the emotional health, wellbeing and/or learning of a child, even though they have an inclusive culture, comprehensive behaviour policy and have put considerable support in place to improve the child’s outcomes. This may have taken the form of a personalised learning or behaviour plan, Pastoral Support Plan, and advice and recommendations from external agencies.
Steps for admissions process:
- Informal discussion with Northern House School (PRU) to check out whether this might be an appropriate step.
Contact: Adam Price - 01902 558149
2. Completion of the PRU’s referral form which will then be considered by the PRU’s admissions panel (PIP) Primary Inclusion Panel.
3. The panel’s decisions will be shared with the referring school and further recommendations will be given if the referral is unsuccessful.
4. The PRU will arrange a handover meeting prior to the start date and may request some additional information.
The length of the intervention is 12 weeks which may be extended to include an additional 2 weeks to aid
Transition to Secondary Schools
In the case of Year 6 children who are attending the PRU at the end of the academic year, an additional service will be available to aid
- To find out more information please see our Referral Leaflet.